Nothing says summer more than making s'mores, but sometimes that craving hits you when you are nowhere near a campsite. What can you do? Well, Sulpice Chocolat has the perfect solution! Try making these amazing brownie s'mores. The inspiration for this recipe comes from Melanie Barnard at the Cooking Club of America. However, we used our tried and true recipe for chocolate brownies. Its so simple, yet this recipe will inspire and delight family and friends of all ages or you can keep them to yourself. We won't tell.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 9 whole cinnamon graham crackers, halved crosswise
- 35 marshmallows
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking
spray. Arrange graham crackers over bottom of pan, overlapping slightly
or breaking to fit, if necessary.*
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix to combine being careful not to overmix.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate morsels.
- Spoon and gently spread over graham crackers.
Bake for approximately 30 to 40 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Heat broiler. Place marshmallows on their sides evenly over top of
brownies. Broil 30 seconds to 2 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed
and tops are golden brown. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
TIP *Depending on the shape of your pan, you may have part of a graham cracker left over.