Chocolate Brownies Recipe
What is there not to love about brownies? They are moist, chewy, fudgey and delicious. They are one of those treats that I can't get enough of and I know that I'm not alone because anytime I bring brownies to an event they are gone seemingly immediately. Today, I want to share with you an delicious new way to serve up this favorite chocolate treat...with caramel sauce! Who knew that you could elevate the classic favorite in this way, but as I'm sure you can guess it is an amazing combination.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Mix to combine being careful not to overmix.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate morsels.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
Bake for approximately 25 to 35 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Remove, and cool pan on wire rack before cutting.