photo credit: flickr user: Carl Black
Have I ever mentioned that I have a crazy sweet tooth? Pretty much every night after dinner, I'll be sitting on the couch relaxing with my family when my sweet tooth strikes. It will not be silenced. The problem is, though, that I'm trying to be healthy and give my family healthy options too, but the good thing is, that there are so many healthy options available. Here is a collection of five of my favorite quick and healthy sweet snacks. They are perfect for any time of the day, whether it's after dinner, mid-day, or if you're like me, the occasional breakfast.
photo credit: flickr user: jujuly25
- Easy Watermelon Sorbet-No Churn Needed: Watermelon sorbet is one of my favorite healthy desserts. It’s also a great way to use leftover watermelon. Just cut, freeze, add sugar and blend.
- Banana Ice Cream: This has got to be the easiest homemade dessert ever and the best way to use those overripe bananas that you’ve been storing in the freezer. Banana Ice Cream uses just one ingredient-frozen bananas. The riper, the better. Once frozen, just break them up and blend them until it takes on a soft serve type consistency. Try adding a dollop of nut butter for some added protein. Talk about the definition of healthy sweet treat.
- Healthy Chocolate Pudding: This is one of my favorite healthy sweet snacks. It’s made in the microwave so it takes just moments to make. Of course, there is chill time, but this chocolate pudding tastes amazing warm as well. If you’re feeling like mixing it up a bit, just leave out the cocoa and you have a tasty vanilla pudding.
- Hot Cocoa: When it comes to hot cocoa, simple is better. It lets the true chocolatey-ness of the cocoa shine. That’s why I love this recipe from Martha Stewart. It’s simple to make and with just 4 ingredients it’s a breeze to make. Just be aware that this recipe makes a lot of cocoa mix. So, that you can store it and have it available when you want it. photo credit: flickr user: Stephen Depolo
- Sulpice Better Bites: +link It’s always good to have healthy candy available when your sweet tooth kicks in. Which is why no list on craveable healthy sweet snacks is complete without mentioning Sulpice Better Bites. They taste like the most delicious, creamy, soft centered premium peanut butter cup that you can imagine and is enhanced by indulgent chocolate. In fact, they taste so delicious, it’s almost hard to believe that they are good for you too, but with 7 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber and omega-3s to boot, they have the nutrition of a snack bar but the taste of an indulgent peanut butter cup. What’s not to love!